TOP 5 MUST HAVES FOR YOUR DOT PHYSICAL:
- If you wear contact lenses or glasses, please bring/wear them for your exam.
- If you wear hearing aids, please wear them for your exam.
- If you take medications regularly, please make sure to take it as prescribed (especially for high blood pressure).
- If you have diabetes, please bring your most recent A1C Hemoglobin results to the exam.
- If you have sleep disorders, please bring a copy of your most recent sleep study or CPAP readings to the exam.
The following is a list of medical conditions that may require supporting documentation from your primary doctor or specialist:
• Illness or injury within the last 5 years
• Head/Brain injuries, disorders or illnesses
• Seizures, epilepsy
• Eye disorders or impaired vision (except corrective lenses)
• Ear disorders, loss of hearing or balance
• Heart disease or heart attack; other cardiovascular condition
• Heart surgery (valve replacement/bypass, angioplasty, pacemaker
• High blood pressure
• Muscular disease
• Shortness of breath
• Lung disease, emphysema, asthma, chronic bronchitis
• Kidney disease, dialysis
• Liver disease
• Digestive problems
• Diabetes or elevated blood sugar controlled by diet or pills or insulin
• Nervous or psychiatric disorders e.g. severe depression
• Loss of, or altered consciousness
• Fainting, dizziness
• Sleep disorders, pauses in breathing while asleep, daytime sleepiness, loud
• Stroke or paralysis
• Missing or impaired hand, arm, foot, leg, finger, toe
• Spinal injury or disease
• Chronic low back pain
• Regular, frequent alcohol use
• Narcotic or habit forming drug use
You can request your primary doctor or specialist complete the Medical Release Opinion and send to our office or bring with you to the exam.